Earning LEED® Credits
Wood-Metal Industries has worked diligently to reduce our carbon footprint while manufacturing quality products that promote a healthy indoor environment. Outlined below are the Materials and Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality credits which can be achieved by incorporating Wood-Metal products into your next project.
Certified – 45-59 points
Silver – 60-74 points
Gold – 75-89 points
Platinum – 90-136 points
Materials & Resources (MR)
- MR Credit 4 Recycled Content: Recycled content of particleboard and MDF is 100% pre-consumer recycled content; 1 point for 10% recycled or 2 points for 20% recycled.
- MR Credit 5 Regional Materials: Project site is located within 500 miles of facility; 1 point for 10% from 500-mile radius or 2 points for 20% from 500-mile radius.
- MR Credit 6 Rapidly Renewable: Bamboo; 1 point only if entire project is 2.5% rapidly renewable.
- MR Credit 7 Certified Wood: FSC®-certified hardwood species, plywood, particleboard, & MDF; 1 point for 50% of all materials FSC®-certified.
Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
- IEQ Credit 4.1 Low-Emitting Materials – Adhesives & Sealants: use adhesives complying with VOC content limits; 1 point.
- IEQ Credit 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials – Paints & Coatings: use of HPL and melamine interiors and exteriors; 1 point.
- IEQ Credit 4.4 Low-Emitting Materials – Composite Wood & Agrifiber: use of NAUF plywood, particleboard, and MDF panels; 1 point.
- IEQ Credit 4.5 Low-Emitting Materials – Furniture & Furnishings: by providing GREENGUARD® approved furniture and seating; 1 point.
For more information on how your project can qualify for LEED® points, please e-mail us or call (570) 374-1176. Our team would be happy to assist with your next green building project!